To see real-world examples from enterprises using Skytap Cloud to drive business value for AIX workloads, read the blog.
● ERP: Traditional SAP with the exception of Hana, which only runs on PowerLinux.
● Database: Oracle, DB2, SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (Sybase), etc
● Messaging: MQ
● Web: WebSphere
● Big Data and Analytics: Hadoop (PowerLinux only)
To learn more, download our AIX Cloud Migration Guide.
Management and Administration
To learn more about licensing Oracle and AIX in Skytap Cloud, download the white paper.
● Customizable CloudInit
● LPAR Affinity
● Processor Compatibility: Skytap AIX On-Demand instances will not run in native mode
(POWER8) and will not support setting processor compatibility to lower releases
(POWER6, POWER6+, or POWER7).
● Hyper-threading Configuration
● NUMA Configuration
● Guaranteed IOPS
● Active Memory Expansion
● Active Memory Sharing
● Active Memory Deduplication
● Dynamic Addition of Resources: CPUs, Memory, etc.
● Suspend of VMs and Environments: This is dependent on the PowerVM system.
● Container Host and Containers: Docker is not supported on AIX.
● VM Agent: Docker is not supported on AIX.
● Smart RDP: Access will be supported by SmartClient, SSH, or Telnet.
● Networking Promiscuous Mode
● Copy to Region: As Skytap Cloud adds support for AIX, Copy to Region will be enabled for customers.
Schedule a demo with a Skytap Cloud specialist.