Students Expect Online Training
Modern technical training programs need to offer Virtual Instructor-led Training (VILT). Self-paced and self-guided VILT programs—including hands-on lab exercises—appeal to globally distributed students who like modular offerings that can be slipped into their busy schedules.
Modules make it easier for training managers to customize curriculum for specific audiences, and the self-service nature provides students flexibility, while removing many costs associated with on-site training programs.
Delivering VILT Training is Challenging
VILT relies heavily on cloud computing and internet technologies, resulting in training managers being required to deliver both the educational content and the training platform. Instead of developing new courses, training managers are forced to act as virtual systems integrators, pulling together multiple technologies and resources to create a high-quality and effective remote training solution.
Hands-on labs—an important and expected component of any dynamic, self-serve training program—are particularly challenging, and can bog down trainers with technical issues.
The Ideal Training Environment
Training managers are expected to provide virtual learning environments complete with hands-on labs, but with limited resources. Instead of wasting time troubleshooting issue or begging others to help, training managers need:
- Liberation from IT dependency
- Easy provisioning
- Simplified, global access to lab environments
- Automated workflows and integrations
- A single platform
Skytap Transforms Modern Training Programs
Skytap Classrooms streamlines creating, managing, and delivering VILT programs.
- Instructors can create virtual classrooms for multiple students in less than a minute with a single click.
- Students can access lab environments using just a browser and an Internet connection.
- Further automate workflows using an open API and integrate to other tools and systems (e.g. LMS system).
- Create workflows where students create their own lab environments just by enrolling in self-paced offerings.
- Provision classes across seven globally distributed datacenters to minimize latency.
Skytap Classrooms reduces the time needed to schedule, deliver, and cleanup VILT learning programs, leaving you more time to focus on curriculum.