Rehost AIX Applications in Skytap Cloud
Skytap Cloud is the first and only public cloud to support AIX workloads running on IBM Power Systems alongside x86. Skytap Cloud makes it possible for enterprises to rapidly migrate AIX applications to the cloud without refactoring or rearchitecting.
Enable Agile Development
Once in Skytap Cloud, teams can remove resource bottlenecks and eliminate configuration drift by providing self-service access to production-ready environments.
Maintain Visibility and Control
Resources are delivered via IT-managed templates and governed using role-based access permissions and granular quota management.
How it Works
One: Export your AIX
Easily export AIX LPARs from your current environment.
Two: Import into Skytap Cloud
AIX environments are created using the same import processes as x86 VMs.
Three: Create environment
Combine as many x86 VMs, Power LPARs, and networks as needed.
Four: Save as a template
Save your environment as a template for provisioning in seconds.
Five: Clone and share
Copy your environment, then use a secure URL to share with other stakeholders.
Schedule a demo with a Skytap Cloud specialist.
Frequently Asked Questions
● ERP: Traditional SAP with the exception of Hana, which only runs on PowerLinux.
● Database: Oracle, DB2, SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (Sybase), etc
● Messaging: MQ
● Web: WebSphere
● Big Data and Analytics: Hadoop (PowerLinux only)
● Customizable CloudInit
● LPAR Affinity
● Processor Compatibility: Skytap AIX On-Demand instances will not run in native mode
(POWER8) and will not support setting processor compatibility to lower releases
(POWER6, POWER6+, or POWER7).
● Hyper-threading Configuration
● NUMA Configuration
● Guaranteed IOPS
● Active Memory Expansion
● Active Memory Sharing
● Active Memory Deduplication
● Dynamic Addition of Resources: CPUs, Memory, etc.
● Suspend of VMs and Environments: This is dependent on the PowerVM system.
● Container Host and Containers: Docker is not supported on AIX.
● VM Agent: Docker is not supported on AIX.
● Smart RDP: Access will be supported by SmartClient, SSH, or Telnet.
● Networking Promiscuous Mode
● Copy to Region: As Skytap Cloud adds support for AIX, Copy to Region will be enabled for customers.