At Skytap Academy Live, Kontoor Brands was featured in a customer showcase session to discuss its cloud strategy and how it uses Skytap on Azure to run IBM Power applications in the cloud. Kontoor Brands’ Director of Global Infrastructure and Cloud Services Alex Ley and Principal Systems Engineer Venu Karate were joined by Skytap Director of Field Engineering Jason Scott.
Watch the 20-min session below or keep reading below for a recap.
Kontoor Brands is a global lifestyle apparel company with a portfolio of some of the world’s most iconic denim brands with 15,000 employees globally and $2.5 billion in revenue.
As a result of being spun off from VF Corporation, Kontoor Brands (KTB) needed to exit the VF Corporation data centers. KTB saw it as a unique opportunity to evaluate its current technology stack and build a new global infrastructure in the cloud. The company selected Skytap on Azure due to the ability to migrate its IBM Power applications to Azure without refactoring or replatforming.
Using Skytap on Azure, the company was able to complete the following in less than 18 months:
- Migrate its business-critical distribution center applications as-is and natively run Power AIX & IBM i platformed applications in Azure.
- Prove a pilot light DR environment with minimal RAM, scalable on demand to full production capacity to support a DR event.
- Restore application environments from back ups maintained in Azure Blob Storage and meet RPO and RTO requirements.
- Integrate with their existing connectivity to Azure for high-speed low-latency bandwidth connection back to on-premise systems.
- Integrate with Commvault software to restore backups maintained in Azure Blob Storage.
Click here to watch more content from Skytap Academy Live and stay tuned for our next live event.