VMworld wrapped up yesterday, August 30, with a final day of hands-on labs and breakout sessions. Over the course of five days, some 20,000 attendees took advantage of the opportunity for education, discourse, and networking in IT infrastructure, applications, and operations.
Our team at the Solutions Exchange spoke to hundreds of IT professionals–discussing new tech and giving demos of Virtual Private PaaS with Cloud Foundry; ESXi and vSphere in Skytap Cloud; Agile Development with Continuous Integration; Advanced Networking in Skytap Cloud; and Hybrid Cloud Workflow Automation.
On August 27, our Skytap Virtual Private PaaS and Skytap ESXi Multi-Machine Templates were also listed as Hot Products by NetworkWorld.
And on August 28, Skytap was proud to receive the “Best of VMworld 2012” Finalist Award in the Public/Hybrid Cloud Computing Technologies category. There were over 200 award submissions and the finalists were determined by a team of ten expert judges consisting of editors, independent analysts, users, and consultants. The awards are sponsored by TechTarget SearchServerVitualization. SearchServerVirtualization.com™ is an enterprise virtualization-focused website providing IT professionals and the community with the latest server virtualization news, articles, tips, and expert advice.
There was a staggering amount of VMworld-related tweeting going on among the savviest of the social media attendees. The real-time advice, opinions, reminders, and humor were well-worth watching:
Even during the Bon Jovi concert, the attendees were still keeping everyone up to date on Twitter.
All in all, there were many perspectives to choose from, so I thought I’d list out some additional VMworld wrap-up commentary resources:
- Rachel King for Between the Lines wrote VMworld 2012 roundup: VMware partners focusing on compliance, converged infrastructures. A round-up of some announcements that emerged from VMware’s partners, as well as a recap of ZDNet’s coverage from the show. Her piece includes highlights on HyTrust, Trend Micro, Zend, and Riverbed.
- News direct from the VMworld Blogs. Kerry Chamberlain put together On the Last Day of VMworld 2012 SF, which offers a recap of announcements, product demonstrations, and more from VMworld 2012 sponsors, plus many links to other great content. Highlights include Dell, EMC, NetApp, Symantec, and VCE.
- And if you’d like to review any video coverage of the conference, be sure to visit VMworld TV for highlights, sessions, tech exchange talks, and community videos.
There are also some comprehensive blogs that touch on sessions and interesting discussions that took place at VMworld:
- Duncan Epping at yellow-bricks.com
- Adron Hall at compositecode.com
- Scott Lowe at blog.scottlowe.org
Overall, VMware was a really good time for a lot people who are passionate about changing technology. If you’re one of those people and you’re dismayed that the VMworld stopped revolving yesterday–well, there’s always Barcelona in October.